Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ballerina Girl

Wow, it actually took me a few minutes to remember my account and password to log onto my blog so I could post something new. It's been a long time! Every time I start thinking about posting a new entry, I can't decide what to talk about since so many fun things have happened in the last couple of months so I felt like I'd be leaving something out if I didn't post everything. Well, I decided not to worry about that and just talk about a few things that make me smile in the world o' Mackenzie.

First and foremost, she turned ONE on May 6th! Not that long ago, I couldn't comprehend how most parents I knew seemed to care so little about their own birthdays and make such a big deal about their child's birthday. Well, now I know. The day my own daughter was born is now a million times more special to me than the day I entered the world. May 6th, 2009 was the happiest day of my life and I remember every moment of it. I'll celebrate that day for the rest of my life...not just for Mackenzie but for me! I hope my mom feels that way about April 16th, 1976 and I hope Mackenzie feels that way about some yet-to-be determined date in the future. That's just the way it works, I've learned. And I like it! We celebrated the day with a party in our backyard with friends and family. I really only took away two important things from that day. One, we are so incredibly lucky to have such amazing family and friends who love our daughter almost as much as we do. I've read each "I'm One!" card over and over and marveled at the wonderful and thoughtful gifts Mac received. Two, Mackenzie wasn't a fan of cake. It made her cry. Thankfully, Auntie H saved the day by dipping a Cheerio into the frosting and offering to Mackenzie to eat so we could at least get the obligatory 1-year-old-baby-with-cake-on-face shot. Oh well, there's always next year.

Happy 1st Birthday, Baby Girl!

There are plenty of other highlights from the past few months, but the things that truly delight me can be seen below. In no particular order, may I present PIGTAILS, painted baby TOES, and JELLY SHOES. I love them all equally and immensely! I think I love these things so much because they all remind me of summer and girly stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely fine if in a couple years Mackenzie decides that she wants nothing to do with anything pink, but for now, I'm loving the opportunity to girl her up every chance I get.

Piggies only last for a few short minutes. Even less if Cousin Raya is around to pull them out. Still....they're pretty much the cutest thing ever while they last!

For some weird reason, painting Mac's toes has been on my to-do list for awhile now. Not sure why I find this so darn cute, but I do. And just for the record, the nail polish is baby-friendly and I have absolutely NO desire to pierce her ears. You'd think those things might go hand in hand, but they don't.

Um, baby jellies are seriously awesome! Need I say more? One pair will certainly not be enough for the summer. Gammy? Emmy? Did you hear that? :)

So that's it. I'm loving being a mom to our little girl more than ever. She's just so much fun to be around and I look forward to all that's in store for us in Year Two. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she's walking now too! Watching her walk is pretty hilarious.....she's very cautious and keeps her legs straight while pointing her toes like a ballerina. Did I mention those toes are pink? :)



5 comments:

  1. Finally an update on my little Mac :)I can't wait to take her for a pedicure, although Mom did a pretty darn good job on those twinkle toes. I love love love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for the post, I love reading what everyone has to say even though I too have not posted for some time! Um playdate (baby pedicure party)????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, I was just saying last night that Raya's first birthday is more a celebration for me than for her. I didn't even realize you had a new blog entry and said the same thing! It's so true. Thier birthday's were pretty special days for us Mamas! I care more about honoring that day than my birthday for sure!

    Love all the pics of my BFF niecie! She's da cutest little ballerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a baby pedicure party is definitely in order! I think the girls will all want their toes looking pretty to celebrate Raya's big ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a cutie! LOVE those cute pink toes!

    ReplyDelete