Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crystal Ball



This weekend Hailey and Kelly threw a wonderful shower for me and Baby Mackenzie Hale (who I've been referring to as MHC lately.) Guess I'm on a initial kick. Anyway, I'm gathering photos from the day and plan to post a blog and/or some pics about the special day soon. However, when I received this picture from Claudia yesterday, I had to post it right away. Something about it makes me feel like I'm looking into the future for two reasons.

1. The way Hailey and I are looking at perfect, little Ravenna (Merry's daughter, born March 1st) is priceless. We both look completely in love with her, but at the same time, a little bit in disbelief...like we both can't believe this little girl who was in Merry's stomach not long ago is right here, right now. I think this picture is our future.

2. The other thing that strikes me is that this little baby will be one of my daughter's best pals (if their moms have anything to say about it, anyway). I can't believe that I spent the weekend holding a baby who I will one day watch play in my front yard with Mackie. It's crazy how it makes me feel. I can't believe I'm old enough to finally have reached this point in my life, but I also can't believe how much future there is in front of me.

3 comments:

  1. So true, and you will be amazed at how fast time will fly by once she is here!
    I guess this is our "bump" photo that never quite came to fruition (is that speeled right?!)
    I am looking forward to the many fun years ahead of us as we watch our girls grow :) (don't know if I have said that before)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babies having babies... Merry says it goes so fast and she is so right. To me Barbie's school was yesterday and Hailey and Merry holding hands and singing "Counry Roads" in Helen Frohning's third grade class was the day after that. At this rate my unborn grandchildren will be graduating from college tomorrow. I better take the day off so I can be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture IS our future! You are right about that... and I am so grateful for it! Soon we'll have two more little girls to hold just like we're holding her. I can't wait to take a picture of the three of them together!

    ReplyDelete